Conditioning your motorcycle seats is your first line of defense towards protecting the leather material used for your motorcycle seat. But what’s the best leather conditioner for motorcycle seats?
After doing thorough research and talking to a couple of my friends who bike both for fun and as a regular means of transport, here are the best leather conditioners for your motorcycle seats:
- Meguiar’s Motorcycle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner (Overall Best)
- Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner And Conditioner 16 oz. (Overall Best Runner Up)
- Skidmore’s Biker Leather Cream 16 oz. (Best Premium Motorcycle Conditioner)
- Leather Honey Leather Conditioner (Overall Best Quality And Most Popular Conditioner)
- Chamberlain’s Leather Milk (Best All-Natural Healing Leather Conditioner)
- Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP (Best Heavy-Duty Leather Conditioner)
In the remaining parts of this article, I’m going to share with you a quick buyers guide that’s going to help you choose the best leather conditioner for your motorcycle seats.
I’m also going to shed more light on the leather conditioners listed above, their best qualities and a few caveats to their use. Keep reading this article to find out more!
Best Leather Conditioner For Motorcycle Seats – Buying Guide
There a couple of things the leather conditioner you choose should be able to do on your leather motorcycle seats.
These factors are to help you make the right choice so that you’re able to nourish, protect, and keep your motorcycle seats looking great.
Here are the factors in no particular order!
A motorcycle seat leather conditioner with a combined formula will have both the ability to clean and condition your motorcycle seats at the same time.
It will have cleaning agents that will help remove sweats, body oils, dust, dirt, salts, etc as you ride.
While kicking out all the foreign materials that could harm the look and quality of your motorcycle seat, it also nourishes it with rich conditioning oils that will help keep your motorcycle seats look good and protected.
If you get this type of leather conditioner for your motorcycle seats, you will be able to kill two birds with one stone.
You will also be able to save some extra bucks not buying either a leather cleaner or conditioner separately.
Another important factor you would want to look out for in the leather conditioner you get for your motorcycle seats is the ability for the leather conditioner to give your motorcycle seats the best protection against the harmful rays of the sun.
Although highly improbable as this may sound, if you would like the sun rays to sunburn your leather motorcycle seats so that you get a vintage leather look then this would be a quality you might pass on.
Otherwise, you would want your leather conditioner to be able to give you the best of the best protection against the sun’s rays.
This is so that the leather’s susceptibility to drying, fading, or subsequently cracking up the motorcycle leather seat is completely avoided.
Related Article: 6 Best Leather Conditioners With UV Protection
There are different kinds of materials that are mostly used for making motorcycle seats.
From lustrous natural leather to animal-free faux leathers – all make great seats for motorcycle seats.
While most motorcycle seats will have only one type of material (that is either natural or artificial leather) installation on it, others may have a combination of both.
Leather conditioners will generally have one specific application for a particular type of material.
There are leather conditioners that will be good for use on both natural leather materials and artificial leather.
If your motorcycle seats have a combination of both natural leather and faux leather, then the versatile leather conditioners with dual applications will certainly be what you would want to get.
It is also a good idea to get a leather conditioner that’s versatile if other parts or the bike or accessories you use with your motorcycle such as jackets, saddlebags, boots, all have a combination of both natural leather and faux leather or vinyl.
Also, if you’re like me and would always want to save a bit of money no matter what you buy, then getting a leather conditioner for your motorcycle seats that can serve multiple purposes is going to be a bang for your buck.
Related Article: Difference Between Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
When it comes to getting leather conditioners for motorcycle seats, you would also want to get one the can hard-factory reset your motorcycle seats after it’s seen a lot of wear or gotten a lot of bashing from the elements of the weather.
The leather conditioner you choose for your motorcycle seats should be able to restore them if it has faded slightly or significantly from sunburn.
It should be able to easily help get your motorcycle seatback to its original color (or something close to it).
It should also be able to restore the moisture and natural oils lost from the motorcycle seats due to wearing.
Non-Sticky or Skid Residue
There’s one common effect that most leather conditioners have on leather apart from nourishing and protecting it – that is leaving behind skid or sticky residue which makes it uncomfortable for the leather to be used.
This is certainly something you wouldn’t want the leather conditioner you choose for your motorcycle seats to do.
Leather conditioners that leave behind skid residue on your motorcycle seats will make your ride very uncomfortable.
This kind of leather conditioner will make you skid all over your motorcycle seat as opposed to having a very stable comfortable position.
On the other hand, you also wouldn’t want the leather conditioner you choose to leave behind a sticky residue that will glue your butt to your motorcycle seat making it difficult to readjust yourself whenever you want to navigate a curve.
Related Article: 5 Best Non Sticky Leather Conditioners
You would want a leather conditioner for your motorcycle seat that’s going to offer deep conditioning for your seats.
You will particularly want to ensure this for your leather conditioner if you have natural or real leather installed on your motorcycle seat.
Leather conditioners that offer deep conditioning will give your motorcycle seats the best of the best treatment, nourishment, protection, and restoration.
You would particularly want this because the motorcycle seat is one of the most used parts of a motorcycle.
Whenever you ride your motorcycle, you’re definitely going to put the seat to use.
The motorcycle seat is one of the most hard-wearing parts of the motorcycle and so whenever you want to oil it, it must be absolutely thorough and not shallow.
It’s definitely a no-brainer that the leather conditioner you choose for your motorcycle seats be moisture or water-resistant.
Unlike a car, the motorcycle has no enclosed interior.
Everything on the motorcycle is exposed to the elements of the weather.
So if not properly protected with a good leather conditioner that can weatherproof it from elements like snow, rain, and other forms of moisture, and stains, then the motorcycle seat won’t live up to it’s expected lifespan.
Because of this, you would want the leather conditioner you choose to help form a barrier against water seeping into the leather seat cushion.
It should make the motorcycle seat impenetrable and allow water splashes to bead and fall right off.
This way if you get caught up in the rain while riding, there would be no cause for alarm.
Best Leather Conditioner For Motorcycle Seats – Reviews
Now that we have a clear idea of the type of leather conditioner to get for our motorcycle seats, let’s now head over to the reviews of the best leather conditioner for motorcycle seats.
Related Article: 7 Best Leather Conditioners For Motorcycle Jackets
1. Meguiar’s Motorcycle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner 6 oz. (Overall Best)
The Meguiar’s Motorcycle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is my #1 Top Pick for the overall best for the best leather conditioner for motorcycle seats.
Meguiar’s brand is a renowned brand known for producing high-quality auto care and household care products.
The Meguiar’s Motorcycle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is made for use on both real leather seats and vinyl motorcycle seats.
This motorcycle leather cleaner and conditioner is formulated to be very gentle on your motorcycle seat and tough on all the different kinds of dirt, salts, moisture, and stains that the motorcycle seat will encounter during your ride.
As the name implies, this product is formulated to clean, condition your motorcycle seats, and nourishing it so that it doesn’t wear easily.
Another important thing the Meguiar’s Motorcycle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner will offer your motorcycle seat is protection against ultraviolet rays.
With this motorcycle conditioner you will be able to secure you seats from sun damage like discoloration.
- Versatile for use on both leather and vinyl
- Results in no artificial gloss
- Moisturizes the motorcycle seats and makes it supple
- Restores dried up and faded leather seats
- Maximum protection against sun damage
- Leaves no skid residue
- Leaves a nice rich smell
- Absorbs easily into the leather
- Supreme quality at a very affordable price
- Just a little will go a long way
- Great for deep cleaning and conditioning your motorcycle seats
- I honestly haven’t found any disadvantages to using this product yet.
If you’re interested in the Meguiar’s Motorcycle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, you can check it out over here on Amazon!
2. Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner And Conditioner 16 oz. (Overall Best Runner Up)
The Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner is my overall best runner up and budget pick for this article.
I simply love the youthfulness and how engaging the brains and the guys (no pun intended) behind this awesome array of auto care products are.
As you can see in both the picture and name, this product does two things and that is to clean and condition leather motorcycle seats.
The cleaner is pH balanced so that dirt and oils are safely removed from the pores of natural leather motorcycle seats without causing any damage.
And what’s even greater about this product is that it leaves no soapy residue that will make the motorcycle seat tacky.
Using this cleaning and conditioning double-action kit is a great way to breathe a breath of new life into your motorcycle seats.
The conditioner, on the other hand, goes on leather nice and smooth and leaves behind no smells or color.
- Will richly nourish and protect your motorcycle leather seats
- It’s water-based so makes it versatile for use on different materials
- Safely removes dirt and oils no matter how tough they are
- Protect the seats no matter how hard wearing it is
- This product is great for both natural leather and synthetic materials
- The conditioner replenishes the seat material with essential nutrients like Vitamin E that’s often lost from the seat’s exposure to the suns harsh rays
- The conditioner keeps the leather looking clean, soft, smooth, and very supple
- Renders the motorcycle seat resistant to premature cracking
- Very easy to apply
- Just a little will go a long way
- Slight chemical smell
If you’re interested in the Chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner, you can check it out over here on Amazon for any additional information you may need.
3. Skidmore’s Biker Leather Cream 16 oz. (Best Premium Motorcycle Conditioner)
If you breathe and live a total biking lifestyle, Skidmore’s Biker Leather Cream should definitely be in your care and maintenance kit.
This product is made using ingredients from plants and insects with the chief ingredient being beeswax.
These ingredients are put together following long-standing traditional processes.
The Skidmore’s Biker Leather Cream is great for all types of leather and will be able to do a great job of cleaning, conditioning, restoring, and protecting your motorcycle seat and all other leather accessories you would have around your bike.
The protection the Skidmore’s Biker Leather Cream offers is simply fantastic.
In one single application, you will be able to make your motorcycle seat weather-resistant, restore cracked, dried up, or curled motorcycle leather seat, and waterproof it as well.
The more consistent you are with this product’s application, the more waterproof your motorcycle seat will be with time.
- It’s a premium product
- Offers a 100% lifetime guarantee
- Contains no animal products, driers, perfumes, or dyes
- Also chemical-free
- Cleans, conditions, protects, and restores leather
- Very easy and flexible to apply
- Rich leathery smell
- A little goes a long way
- Leaves the leather seat with a rich soft shine
- Works on both natural leather and vinyl
- Leaves no greasy residue
- A bit pricy for people on budget
If you’re interested in Skidmore’s Biker Leather Cream, you can check it out over here on Amazon!
4. Leather Honey Leather Conditioner 8oz. (Overall Best Quality & Most Popular Conditioner)
The Leather Honey brand for more than 50 years has been making the best leather care products and has over the years chalked a lot of successes with this particular product up for review.
The Leather Honey Leather Conditioner is exclusively made for conditioning only natural leather.
They also have Leather Honey Cleaner which is a separate cleaner you can purchase.
So if you’re a fun of having real leather motorcycle seats, then this product is going to be what you need to keep your leather seats well nourished and protected.
The Leather Honey conditioner offers deep conditioning for a new leather and also helps to breathe life into dry and old leather.
With this leather conditioner, you will be able to properly moisturize and restore your motorcycle seat and make it soft and flexible.
Not only is this conditioner great for motorcycle leather, but you would be able to condition anything from your jackets, boots, tack, saddles, gloves, and a host of other things provided it’s made from natural leather.
- High-quality premium brand
- Offer supreme conditioning and protection
- Very popular
- Has a water-repellent formula
- It’s odorless
- One application can last up to 6 months
- Conditioners for all-year-weather protection
- Does not leave behind a sticky residue on the seat
- This conditioner is non-toxic and has no added solvent, silicone, or animal products
- A little goes a long way
- Not suitable for use on vinyl, suede, or faux leather motorcycle seats
The Leather Honey Leather Conditioner is your safe bet or safe pick if you want a product that millions of people have used and are happy with it.
If you’re interested in the Leather Honey Leather Conditioner for your motorcycle seats, you can check it out over here on Amazon!
5. Chamberlain’s Leather Milk (Best All-Natural Healing Leather Conditioner)
With over 10 years serving Chamberlain’s Leather Milk to its cherished customers, this brand has come a long way in terms of quality and the supreme protection it offers every hide it touches.
The Chamberlain’s Leather Milk is formulated with the finest ingredients such as cosmetic grade adhesives, natural conditioning oils, and waxes to heal scratches, dry, dulled leather, and light cracks from your motorcycle seats.
This product is by far the most intense leather healing and restoration solution for your motorcycle seats and other leather items.
The Chamberlain’s leather conditioner is going to offer your motorcycle seat deep conditioning and at the same time offer a great look on the surface of your motorcycle seats.
With its all-natural ingredients, it is formulated to help maintain and preserve the shiny and glossy finish on the motorcycle leather seat.
- Safely heals and restores your leather
- It’s a high-quality product from a quality brand
- Very safe even for the human skin and pets
- Nice pasty consistency for easy application
- It’s all-natural and contains environmentally friendly ingredients
- Has a rich scent of tropical coconut oil
- Formulated to enrich the look of leather goods
- Easily removes light scratches and make deep scratches less noticeable
- Protects from the sun rays
- Leaves no sticky residue especially if carefully and thoroughly buffed
- Comes with its very own special applicator sponge
- Pricey if you’re on a budget
- Not suitable for use on suede and other extremely soft leathers
If you’re interested in Chamberlain’s Leather Milk, you can check it out over here on Amazon for additional information about pricing.
6. Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP (Best Heavy-Duty Leather Conditioner)
The Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP is my heavy-duty conditioner pick for this review.
This leather conditioner is actually an industrial-grade leather preservative formulated with natural oils and beeswax.
The Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP has a unique conditioning formula that helps to protect the leather it’s used on from heat, water, abrasion, and fire causing substances.
The Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP is an all-natural oil ingredient that will keep your motorcycle leather seat well lubricated for a really long time.
You would also love the brute water-resistance the Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP is going to render your motorcycle seat while maintaining exceptional breathability.
It’s not only excellent for use on motorcycles seats but also on boots, gloves, holsters, saddles, etc.
- Retards fire causing chemicals
- Keeps the motorcycle seats lubricated for a long time
- Reinforces leather against scuffing
- Helps to prevent damages caused by salt, manure acids, and other chemicals
- Help to remove and prevent scuffing and abrasion
- It’s also great for dealing preventing problems dealing with perspiration stain
- Helps to protect the stitches on the edges of the motorcycle seats from rot and tears
- May need a bit of heat for better and deeper conditioning and protection
- It will significantly darken you motorcycle seats.
If you’re interested in Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP, you can check it out over here on Amazon!